Suppose, if there is a unique business need to capture additional information like the medical insurance details of an individual employee or an alternate contact detail of a tenant, then you can use the Manage Custom Fields to create the custom field and can expose the field on a page.
As a HR administrator, you can manage the extension fields that you want to add to the application forms and/or grids.
The steps to create a custom field are as follows.
To add a custom field
1. Navigate to Admin > Tenant Administration
2. Under Data and Forms, click Manage Custom Fields
3. Click the Edit icon under Manage Extn Fields relevant to the application entity you want to add an extended field.
4. To make entries of metadata for the custom field, click the Add button.
5. Enter the information like name, data type, validation regular expression, length and so on.
6. Provide the name that is used to represent as display text in a page where the field gets exposed.
7. Select the data type. The available data types are int, Date, PickUpField, Varchar, Float, and Boolean.
- If you choose the int or Varchar data type, you can specify the maximum length of the characters that can be allowed in this field
- If you choose the pickupfield data type, you can select the pickupfield value for the field
- To add the extended field to the relevant entity, click Add
8. If you need to create additional fields for the same application entity, click Add again.
9. After adding a custom field to an entity, it has to be included in any of the application forms so that it becomes visible to the user through the Form or Grid.
10. For mapping the custom field to a form, refer Manage Forms and Grids
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.