A primary manager can nominate the best-fit employees for promotion by evaluating the performance score obtained and rewards received. The nominees or employees can be proposed for promotion by the hierarchy of designation, track, level, or work role.
|Pre-requisite: As a prerequisite, before nominating the employee, a HR must configure the employee promotion nomination form based on the organization values, employee's performance and job tenure. The promotion nomination forms can be managed using this Configure Promotion page.|
To nominate an employee
- Navigate to People > Manage Promotion
My Team Nominations page displays the list of employees or nominees, who are in reporting relationship to you
- Click Nominate relevant to an employee you wish to promote.
- You can view nominee's overall performance score, rewards received for current and previous periods by toggling side panels of Performance, Continuous Feedback.
- You can also click VIEW link under Nomination History to see the nomination details of the employee with approver comments and nomination activity log for the approved designation, track, level or work role for the previous periods.
- Here, the Nominate Employee page displays the Nominated by field with your user name and the Nominated on field with the current date by default.
- If you are nominating on behalf of a primary manager, edit the name under Nominated by and choose the nomination date.
- Specify the Designation that the employee should be titled for promotion and using calendar set the Effective Date from which the designation becomes effective.
- Under each nomination questionnaire related to outstanding performance, contributions & accomplishments, rewards, and customer testimonials; brief the reasons for nominating the employee.
- Click Save to save the changes made in the Promotion Nomination Form.
- If Approval Process is enabled in the Configure Promotion page, click Send For Approval to send the Promotion Nomination form of that particular employee for next level of approval. The employee nominations for approval will appear in the Manage Promotions - Approvals/Publish page with the level status configured.
- The approving managers (Skip Level manager, department head and/or HR) can review the employee's promotion nomination details and can Approve if the employee meets the promotion eligibility criteria; else the managers can Reject or send again to nominator by clicking Reconsider.
- The system sends an email notification to the approver when the nominator sends the nomination form for approval. The notifications can be managed in the Manage Notifications page.
- If there is no further level of approvals, click Submit. This Submit button only appears if you have the privilege to submit promotion nomination forms.
- The submitted nominations will appear in the Nomination History relevant to an individual employee being nominated.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.