Normalization of ratings brings greater objectivity to the review process. It is an efficient tool that is meant to balance the variability or the difference in evaluation style by different managers. It is a regular practice in mid-sized and large organizations. As a general guideline normalized rating of an employee is arrived at after taking into account different factors like
- Difficulty of assignment
- Importance of KRA attached to the employee
- Department Goals
The final rating would be relative to the rating of the other employees. Over a period of time, this also acts as an effective tool to refine the rating tendencies. It is also an inherent part of performance appraisal because it is finally the numeric score that is considered for promotions and annual increments.
To do normalization of employee performance review scores
- Navigate to Performance > Normalization
- On the Normalization page, managers can check whether the idealized bell curve set by the HR is matching the actual bell curve, which is determined based on the ratings given.
- Managers can review the rating distribution by different parameters such as Organization units, locations, and levels.
- In cases of deviation in the rating distribution, final ratings can be modified easily and the Bell Curve refreshes automatically.
- Here, the managers can review the rating given to the employees and can Approve, Reject or change the Grades given to the employees before publishing them.
- To change the grade, select the appropriate grade with regard to an employee. Add Comments pop-up.
- Give an appropriate reason for changing the grade and then click Save.
- The changes made in the Normalization page will be reflected in the rating distribution and in the grades given to the employee.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.