You can manage the employee locations comprehensively in the product. You can define Country, State, etc. clearly and map employees. As a HR administrator, you can manage the master list of locations.
The steps to create a new location are as follows.
To add a new location
1. Navigate to Admin > Tenant Administration
2. Under Organization Setup, click Manage Locations
3. Click the Add button. This will create a new row under each column.
4. Provide the location name and choose the respective location type. The location type can be managed in the Manage Location Types page.
For example, you can define the location like the United States, California, and San Jose and choose location type as Country, State, and Province as location types respectively.
5. Enter the description if necessary.
6. To create a sub location under a location, assign the sub-location to the respective Parent Location.
7. On saving, these location names will appear in the location field of the employee profile under the Organization Structure.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.