A company may have various departments like Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human Resource, IT. As a HR administrator, you can add/remove the departments. This is the master list of departments, which appear in the employee profile.
The steps to create a new department are as follows.
To create a new department
1. Navigate to Admin > Tenant Administration
2. Under Organization Setup, click Manage Departments
3. Click the Add button. This will create a new row under each column.
4. Give a name and description for the department.
5. To create a department under a Parent Node (the Parent Company); assign the department to the respective Parent Node.
6. You can deactivate a department temporarily and reactivate it later when necessary.
7. On saving, these departments will appear in the Department field of the employee profile under the Organization Structure.
8. Existing departments can be modified by clicking the respective row; the fields become editable; you can make the required modifications and save the changes.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.