Employee skills can be managed efficiently in Synergita. HR shall manage the master list of skills. The skills can be organized into multiple categories as needed.
The steps to create a new employee skill are as follows.
To add a new employee skill
1. Navigate to Admin > HR Administration
2. Under Profile Module Setup, click Manage Skills
3. Click the Add button. This will create a new row under each column.
4. Give a name, code and description for the skill category. The skill code is used as a reference to identify the specific skill and will be added to the selection fields in the Skills tab of the employee profile.
5. For the defined skill, select the relevant Skill Category (here, it is referred to as Category ID)
For example, you can select the Skill Category “Management” for employee skills like Concise Communications, Conflict Management, Problem Solving, Operations Analysis, and People Management.
6. On saving, the newly created skill will be added to the Skill Name list under the Skills tab of the employee profile.
7. To edit the existing skill details, just click the corresponding row.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary on how the features described here. The given screenshots may also vary from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.