9 box analysis Report uses appraisal data to easily view an employee's actual and potential performance. It is a matrix tool that can be easily used to evaluate and plot a company’s talent pool, based on two factors, which most commonly are Goals (Y Axis) and Competencies (X Axis). In other words, this report helps to easily identify an employee's potential growth within the organization and whether the employee is meeting or exceeding expectations in his or her current role.
To access the report
- Navigate to Reports > Manage Reports
- Under Performance Management, click 9 box analysis (Helicopter View)
You can generate 9 box analysis report using the available filters. The filters include
- Duration - Filters the report based on the cycles conducted for the given time period.
- Cycle Name - Select a feedback cycle and generate the report for a cycle.
- Track - Generates report for the employees who fall under a particular track.
- Organization Unit - Generate the report based on the various units of an organization.
- Work Role - Generate the report of all employees who fall under the same work role.
- To generate the 9 box analysis report based on the selected filters, click Display Report.
- The report will be generated and displayed by classifying the employees in to 9 different quadrants/categories.
- This report helps to identify who are the highest potential individuals, who needs development, and who needs coaching on performance improvement.
- This report is also useful for calibrating compensation decisions.
- As a HR, you can customize the report based on your business requirements.
- To customize the report, click the Hammer and Wrench icon (settings) icon. Settings pop-up window displays.
- Using the above Settings, you can change the quadrant labels and also the attributes (combination) of X & Y axis to gain a different perspective of the available talent pool.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screen shots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.