HR shall configure how employee numbers are generated and allocated to employees. The employee number generation can be configured by two methods. One method is Manual Entry and the other method is Auto Generation.
The steps to configure the employee number are as follows.
To configure employee number
1. Navigate to Admin > Tenant Administration
2. Under Organization Setup, click Configure Employee Nos
3. The default method is the Manual Entry.
This Manual Entry option offers the flexibility that the HR administrator provides employee numbers while creating new employee records.
4. In the Auto generation method, the HR administrator has to define the Prefix (the alphabets to be prefixed with each employee number), a number of digits, and the starting number for the Employee Number. Please refer the Manage Business Rules page to configure a different prefix for each employee type such as Permanent, Contract, etc. The system will create the employee number automatically based on this configuration.
5. To save the employee number configuration settings, click Add.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.