Roles and Privileges control access to application data. A user must be assigned at least one role. The user can also be assigned multiple roles based on requirements. Roles are associated with application entities and may be granted privileges or permission to perform one or more actions (View, Add, Edit, and Delete) on that entity.
The default roles that are available in the system are Employee, HR, Manager, Admin, and External User. These default roles cannot be deleted.
As a HR administrator, each time you add a new user, you have to make sure that you assign a role and select all of the proper privileges to that user role.
The steps to create a new role and assigning permissions for that role are as follows.
To create a new role
1. Navigate to Admin > Tenant Administration
2. Under User Management, click Manage Roles
Search View lists all the available roles.
3. To add a new role apart from the existing roles, click the Add button. ADD ROLE section appears.
4. Specify a unique role name that identifies the user’s responsibilities. e.g. Sales Head, Accounts Manager.
5. Enter the description for role function in short.
6. Click the Add button.
7. To assign the feature access permissions relevant to the newly added user role, click Manage Privileges icon specific to the required user role.
8. In Manage Privileges, select the actions (View, Add, Edit, and/or Delete) that are to be performed by that particular role on the associated application entities.
9. Select All, IsInRelationship, or IsInRelationshipWithLevel against the entities and then Click DynamicVariable to select the relationship to associate to the entity.
Admin Role maybe given all privileges to add, view, edit and delete application data.
Employee Role may be given privileges to view and edit employee related details.
HR Role may be given privileges to add, view and edit employee related forms.
Manager Role may be given privileges to add and view employee related goals and forms.
10. On saving, the dynamic variables determine the relationships, who perform the given privileges on the associated entities at a real time.
11. To provide the view and edit accesses to a relationship against the entity fields, click the Edit icon under Manage Fields respective to an entity.
12. Under Visibility and Editable columns, select All, IsInRelationship, or IsInRelationshipWithLevel against the entity fields to associate the relationship to that entity field.
13. On saving, the selected relationships can view and edit the records associated to the entity fields.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.