Employee Relationship defines the relation of one employee to another employee. This helps define the reporting hierarchy. As a HR administrator, you can create employee relationships like Primary Manager, Skip-Level Manager, Group Heads, and Self. The relationships are then assigned to employees. Based on these relationships, the access rights of employee data are determined.
The steps to create an employee relationship are as follows.
To create a new employee relationship
1. Navigate to Admin > Tenant Administration
2. Under Profile Module Setup, click Manage Relationships
3. Click the Add button. This will create a new row under each column.
4. Give a name for the employee relationship. This name appears in the employee profile and several other pages in the product.
5. Enter the description for the new relationship.
6. Select the relationship type based on the employee’s managerial capability.
7. The relationship types are categorized into 4 types. They are Individual, Group (the head of a department/company), Nominated (reviewers apart from review groups) and Skip-Level (manager’s manager).
8. On saving, the relationship types are added to the list of reporting relationships and application entity relationships.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.