The company OKRs allow the entire organization to focus and work towards a common goal. It is very important to define your company's OKR without any ambiguity to have rapid progress.
Typically, the leadership team creates company OKRs. The admin can designate a list of employees, who can create and manage Company OKRs.
Please follow the steps below to create company objectives.
Step 1: Click on "Company Objectives" in the navigation menu. You will land on the Company Objectives creation page.
Step 2: Click the "+" icon to create a new company OKR.
Objective Name - Define your objective clearly. It's a qualitative statement that communicates what needs to be accomplished without ambiguity.
- Why are these OKRs? and Why are they picked up now? - Provide a brief description of your objective and the reason for creating the same.
- The Measure by- Define how you prefer to measure the target. Number-based and qualitative/textual targets are supported.
- The start date and due dates - The dates for the commencement and the due date for showing the progress / accomplishing the OKR can be picked from the date picker that pops up when you click on the respective boxes.
Tag - You can tag the objective for easy reference.
The "Add New Tag" feature enables the user to add more tags based on the organization's requirements.
- Visibility - You can set the objectives, as either confidential or Public. The public objectives are visible to all the employees while confidential objectives are visible only to those who have access to the objectives.
OKR champion - The individual responsible for the OKR progress. This person can update the progress of the OKRs and enables the Teams and Individuals to complete the process.
- You can choose an employee from the directory and assign him/her as OKR champion.
- Key Results - Key results are very important for the organization to drive the team and the individuals for achieving their set goal in the right direction. You can add the key results one by one.
- Weightages - You can optionally add weightage to each key result. Weightage allows you to define key results of varied complexities and to identify the Key Results that mainly contribute to achieving the set objective. Click on the "Enable Weightage" toggle button to enable weightage.
For each result, you can provide a name, choose a target type, and provide the weightage. There are three types of target types to choose from.
Target: The target is either quantitative/ qualitative or Boolean. Target is what needs to be achieved.
- Number - This is a number-based target. You can update the progress by adding achieved targets periodically (e.g. - Sales targets).
- Boolean - Completed/Not-completed type of targets (e.g.-Get the organization ISO 27K Certified).
- Text - The targets, which are not based on the number and Boolean fall into this type.
- Align - You can align the created objective to any other objectives as needed. Once you align, the progress of this objective contributes to the aligned objective.
- Click on the "Save as Draft" button to save the OKR in draft mode and click the "submit" button to publish it.