The company OKRs allow the entire organization to focus and work towards a common goal. It is very important to define your company's OKR without any ambiguity to have rapid progress.
Typically, the leadership team creates company OKRs. The admin can designate a list of employees, who can create and manage Company OKRs.
Please follow the steps below to create company objectives.
However, if you want to edit company objectives, please watch the below video.
Step 1: Click on "Company Objectives" in the navigation menu. You will land on the Company Objectives creation page.
Step 2: Click the "+" icon to create a new company OKR.
Step 3: The Company Objective creation page has a list of fields, typing the information in these is mandatory.
Enter Objective Name - Define your objective clearly. It's a qualitative statement that communicates what needs to be accomplished without ambiguity.
- Why are these OKRs? and Why are they picked up now? - Provide a brief description of your objective and the reason for creating the same.
- Measure by- Define how you prefer to measure the target. Number-based and qualitative/textual targets are supported.
- Enter Target- The target to be achieved is entered, it can be textual or numerical depending on the objective created.
- Start date and due date- The dates for the commencement and the due date for showing the progress / accomplishing the OKR can be picked from the date picker that pops up when you click on the respective boxes. The system will not allow you to choose a due date that falls after the aligned objective's due date.
- Tag - This function is used for classifying the OKRs, you can tag them for easy reference.
Click on the Tags field which is a drop-down, clicking on that will have the options for the tags. If you wish to add any other tag other than the three options given, click on the space bar next to the selected tag. Type the desired tag and press enter to add the same.
If you happen to have more than three tags, you will get to see a pop-up message that prompts you on exceeding the maximum limit for the number of tags.
- Visibility - You can set the objectives, as either confidential or Public. The public objectives are visible to all the employees while confidential objectives are visible only to those who have access to the objectives.
- Choose Owner - The individual responsible for the OKR progress. This person can update the progress of the OKRs and enables the Teams and Individuals to complete the process.
- You can choose an employee from the directory and assign him/her as OKR champion.
- Add Key Result - Key results are very important for the organization to drive the team and the individuals for achieving their set goals in the right direction. Click on the button to add the key results one by one.
- Weightages - You can optionally add weightage to each key result. Weightage allows you to define key results of varied complexities and to identify the Key Results that mainly contribute to achieving the set objective. Click on the "Enable Weightage" toggle button to enable weightage.
For each result, you can provide a name, choose a target type, and provide the weightage. There are three types of target types to choose from.
- Target: The target is either quantitative/ qualitative or Boolean. Target is what needs to be achieved.
- Number - This is a number-based target. You can update the progress by adding achieved targets periodically (e.g. - Sales targets).
- Boolean - Completed/Not-completed type of targets (e.g.-Get the organization ISO 27K Certified).
- Text - The targets, which are not based on the number and Boolean fall into this type.
- Initiatives -Enter the initiatives taken to achieve the set objectives.
- Click on the "Save as Draft" button to save the OKR in draft mode and click the "Submit" button to publish it.
Note: The information entered in the create objective page gets auto-saved every 5 minutes. This functionality helps in having the information intact even if you do not save it.
A pop up-message appears whenever you happen to leave the page. Either click "Leave" or "Cancel" based on your preference.
When you create a Company Objective for the first time, the Align objective field will not be present. This is because there will not be any created objectives to align it with. Once you create the objective, the creation page for creating the next set of objectives will have the Align Objective field displayed