Individual OKRs help in aligning the entire workforce towards Organization OKRs. Please follow the steps required to create new individual OKRs.
However, if you want to view and edit individual objectives, please watch the below video.
Step 1: Click on "Individual Objectives" in the navigation menu. You will land on the "Individual Objectives" page.
Step 2: Click on the "+" icon to create a new individual OKR.
Step 3: To provide details on the "Create Individual Objective" creation page.
- Align Objective - The Align functionality brings everybody on the same page and unifies the goals. You can align an objective with another objective based on relevance. Once you align, the objective aligned to the parent objective impacts the Objective target achievement percentage.
- Enter Objective Name - Define your objective clearly. It's a qualitative statement that communicates what needs to be accomplished without ambiguity.
- Why are these OKRs? and Why are they picked up now? - Provide a brief description of your objective and the reason for creating the same.
- Measure by - Define how you prefer to measure the target. Number-based and qualitative/textual targets are supported.
- Enter Target- The target to be achieved is entered, it can be textual or numerical depending on the objective created.
Start date and due date- The dates for the commencement and the due date for showing the progress / accomplishing the OKR can be picked from the date picker that pops up when you click on the respective boxes. The system will not allow you to choose a due date that falls after the aligned objective's due date.
- Tag - This function is used for classifying the OKRs, you can tag them for easy reference.
Click on the Tags field which is a drop-down, clicking on that will have the options of the tags. If you wish to add any other tag other than the three options given, click on the space bar next to the selected tag. Type the desired tag and press enter to add the same.
If you happen to have more than three tags, you will get to see a pop-up message that prompts you on exceeding the maximum limit for the number of tags.
- Owned By: The logged-in user becomes the objective owner, by default. This person can update the progress as well as edit the OKRs as needed.
Add Key Result - Key results are very important for the organization to drive the team and the individuals for achieving their set goals in the right direction. Click on the button to add the key results one by one.
- Weightages - You can optionally add weightage to each key result. Weightage allows you to define key results of varied complexities and to identify the Key Results that mainly contribute to achieving the set objective. Click on the "Enable Weightage" toggle button to enable weightage.
- For each result, you can provide a name, and choose a target type, Target, and weightage.
- Target: The target is either quantitative/ qualitative or Boolean. Target is what needs to be achieved.
- Number - number-based targets. Periodically, you will be able to update the numbers achieved and compare them against the set targets (e.g. - Sales targets).
- Boolean - Completed/Not-completed type of targets (e.g. - Get the Organization ISO 27K certified).
- Text - The targets, which are nonnumerical and Boolean fall into this type.
- Initiatives - Initiatives are the steps taken that will help you to achieve the key results. Enter the initiatives that are relevant to the Key Results that will help in achieving the target.
- Click on the "Save as Draft" button to save the OKR in draft mode, by doing so you can edit the created objective in the future and make any changes that you wish to.
- Click the "Submit" button to publish it.
Note: The information entered in the create objective page gets auto-saved every 5 minutes. This functionality helps in having the information intact even if you do not save it.
A pop up-message appears whenever you happen to leave the page. Either click "Leave" or "Cancel" based on your preference.