Review Period represents the period of assessment. In essence, the review is done periodically (E.g. Apr-Mar or Jan-Dec). The goals shall be set for the given review period and the assessments can be conducted for specific review periods in the product. The frequency of assessment period can be set monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annually. The achieved targets and review cycles shall be mapped with the review frequency.
Most of the companies do the assessment in financial or fiscal year March-April. Very few companies follow the calendar year Jan-Dec. However, if the companies set to conduct or review their employees' performance quarterly basis then it will be very effective to find out the best of the individual employee.
The steps to set up the review period are as follows.
To set up a review period
1. Navigate to Admin > HR Administration
2. Under Performance Module Setup, click Manage Review Periods
3. To add a new review period, do the following.
- Give a unique display name for your review (e.g. Q1 2019, Jan 2019, Jan – Mar 2019, the Fiscal year 2018-2019)
The Display name will appear in the concerned employee's goals and competencies and performance metric
- Select the required review plan type. The available review plan types include the Performance Appraisal Plan (PAP), IDP, PIP, PRP, and Survey
The Performance Appraisal Plan is the first key process that ensures the employees receive performance for the achievement of goals and IDP is the evaluation plan for the employee to develop an individual plan for the coming year
- Set From & To Date for the beginning and ending of the review period.
- Select the required review frequency and appropriate date range
For example, if you select Quarterly, then From / To Date will be prompted for the respective 4 quarters Quarter-1, Q Quarter-2, Quarter-3, and Quarter-4. If you select Half Yearly, then From / To Date will be prompted for mid-review and annual
- Enable the option Is Lock to lock the individual frequency of review
- Select the option Enable auto lock based on end date to automatically lock the individual frequency of review on the end date
- Enable the option Lock Review Period to lock the display of set goals and competencies associated with the review period locked
4. To save the review period settings, click Save
5. To edit the existing review period, just click the edit icon relevant to a row
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary on how the features described here. The given screenshots may also vary from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.