Feedback form/Template also referred to as performance review form is part of a performance management process. This form is used to capture the feedback and ratings during the performance reviews.
HR defines the structure of the feedback forms based on Organization requirements. Typically SMART Goals & Competencies are part of this form.
These templates are defined based on one or more parameters such as employee's company, work role, job level, and designation. Based on these parameters, the system will automatically map these forms with each employee during the goal setting step.
The steps to create a new Feedback form/template are described in admin perspective. The steps are as follows.
To create a new feedback form
1. Navigate to Admin > HR Administration
2. Under Performance Module Setup, click Manage Feedback Form/Template
Search View lists all the forms available designation-wise.
3. To create a new template, click the Add button. This will create a new row under each column.
4. Give a name or title and description for the template. The name of the template can also be assigned based on the designation of the employee
5. Include and/or exclude the parameters such as employee’s designation, track, work role, level, location, etc. so that the template will display the goals and competencies for employees based on the parameters defined.
For example, If you have set Organization Unit for the template, then the template will be visible for all the employees across the company.
6. To save the entered details, click the Save icon.
To view the newly created feedback form
1. Click the View Template relevant to the newly created template.
2. The template displays with 5 review plan types that include
- Performance Appraisal Plan
- Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
- Project Review Plan (PRP)
Please choose the appropriate type as communicated to you during the product implementation phase.
You can add two categories of goals and competencies. One type is qualitative (only feedback can be provided during the review) and the other type is quantitative (both rating and feedback can be provided during reviews)
To add SMART GOAL and Competency
Goals can be added in two ways.
One way is to click ADD GOAL
- The other way is to click Choose from Library and choose any of the already defined SMART Goals from the Goals – Organization Library
1. Fill the standard information for a SMART goal that includes
- Goal Name - Enter the name of the goal.
- Goal Description - Provide the detailed description ensuring shared understanding and expectations between manager and employee
- Grade Scale - Select 3, 4, or 5 point scale for assessing the individual employee goal
- Measure - Provide measurement statement in terms of quantity, quality, timeliness or cost (e.g. 100 units to sell, increase the sales by 25%)
- Feedback Provider Group - Select the required review group for reviewing the individual employee goal progress; the review group can be defined in the "Manage Review Groups" page.
- Units - The Units can be number or percent of the target
- Goal Target Type - The goal types can be in number, text or date (e.g. you can set sales target by number, goal status updates by text, and timeline by date)
- Target - Manages can define the specific desired outcome upfront and employees can define or update the achievements while goal review is in progress
- Target Condition - The condition can be equal, greater than or equal, or lesser than or equal to the target defined
- Achieved Target - This is the target achieved or accomplished at any point in time
- Start Date - Specify the calendar date by when the goal is started
- Due Date - Specify the calendar date by when the goal is due
- Achieved on Date - Specify the calendar date at which the target is achieved
2. If you have specified the target Measure for the employee to achieve, then you have to specify Goal Target Type, Target Value and Target Condition
3. If you want to add KPI goals in addition to the SMART goals added, click Choose from KPI Library.
4. Competencies like employee’s job skills and Organization Values are added during implementation.
5. To add a child section to a parent goal/competency, click ADD SUBSECTION and to add more competency/attribute, click ADD ATTRIBUTE.
- Give a name, description and assign minimum and maximum rating values and weightage for the subsection
6. On saving, the remaining weightage to be added for goals and competency will be displayed
7. As a final step, click Publish to display the template under the My Goals and Competencies of the concerned employee’s performance page
You can copy the existing template, save as another new template with a different name and edit it.
To copy the existing feedback form
1. Click the Copy Template icon relevant to the required template row.
The template replicates the saved details with all its components including the goals and competencies.
2. Rename the template and give a description if required.
3. Set parameters for the template that shall be applied by work role, location, level, designation, and/or track.
4. Click the Edit icon relevant to the template renamed.
5. Make necessary changes; click Save All and then Publish.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary on how the features described here. The given screenshots may also vary from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.