Approve Promotion can be done in the system only when the approval process is enabled using the Configure Promotion page. Approving managers like skip-level manager, department head and/or HR can approve or reject the employee promotion nominations.
To approve employee promotion nomination
- Navigate to People > Manage Promotion
- In the Manage Promotions page, click the Approvals/Publish tab
- The tab displays a list of employees or nominees whose promotion nominations are to be approved and/or published by you
- If you are the second or third level of approver, this tab displays a list of employees or nominees whose promotion nominations are already approved at first level.
- The available filters to filter and find a particular employee or nominee record includes
- Search bar filters the list of employees or nominees matching the given search keyword
- The advanced Filter above the search bar, filter the list of nominees with respect to the filter parameters like Recommendation (for selected appraisal cycle, Rating value, overall performance score), Reporting To Relationship, Organization Unit, Location, Nomination Details (for proposed designation, selected nomination status, employee's job tenure, etc.,) to search for a particular nominee’s record.
- Sort By filter filters the records of employees by Nomination Status, Employee Id, First Name, and Designation
- Ascending / Descending order Sort Filter sort the employees in alphabetical order and/or reverse alphabetical order.
- After finding the nominee to approve, click the approval level status link configured based on your promotion approval privilege.
For example, if you are an approver at the third level, then the level status link will display as "Approval by HR"
- If you want the approved nominee to get published, click the Waiting for Publish status level link configured based on your publish promotion privilege. For more details refer, Publishing the Promotion.
- The Approve Promotion page displays with the employee nominated details and the Comments box to enter the promotion approve comments.
- You can view nominated employee's overall performance score, rewards received for current and previous periods by toggling side panels of Performance, Continuous Feedback.
- You can also click VIEW link under Nomination History to see the nomination details of the employee with approver comments and nomination activity log for the approved designation, track, level or work role for the previous periods.
- Here, the Approve Promotion page displays the Nominated by field with the nominator's user name and the Nominated date.
- The page also displays the Designation proposed for that particular employee and the Effective Date from which the designation becomes effective.
- After reviewing the employee's promotion nomination details, you can Approve if the employee meets the promotion eligibility criteria; else you can Reject or send again to nominator by clicking Reconsider.
PS: Synergita implementation for your Organization may vary from how the features are described here. The screenshots given here may also be different from what you see in your system. Please talk to the concerned person in the Organization for any specific queries.